Sunday 1 April 2007

Care Free Day

It's spring again, it'll soon be summer and another Car Free Day beckons, there really should be more of these. Oh how I long to rollerblade along the poorly maintained crappy narrow streets and cycle recklessly fast into the tunnels (the one near Laeken was open last year), but really I doo look forward to that day.

I was vacuuming the matress when I noticed that the suction was rather poor, "this machine is only a few months old" thought I in perplexed puzzlement. Then it dawned on me, I hired a new cleaner in December! she hasn't emptied it! It's been three months! It's a bagless wonder and of course I'd forgotten how to do it so I managed to release the dust before I removed the container and all the crap when into the wrong bit. So instead of effortlessly tipping the dust container into the bin (which is the key selling feature of said cleaner) I had to lift the whole machine, turn it upside down and shake it (that hosepipe should be detachable but I couldn't get it off). I cleaned the machine out and vacuumed the kitchen floor, which is where most of the dust went and has thus ended up back in the vacuum cleaner. A futile excercise is housework, aaah yes - that's why I hired the cleaning lady.

It reminds me of that nursery rhyme about the old lady who swallowed the fly and the spider and so on, doing one thing to fix the previous foul up. What a revolting disgusting song, then she swallowed a cat as I recall it. I think my favourite nursery rhyme was about "this old man", apparently he was playing "knick knack" a lot and whacking paddies. Of course I didn't understand that at the time. But the songs we sang in the scouts topped both of those; "ging gang gooly" etc. Absolute and utter gibberish, what sane and sensible adult wants to spend her evenings off teaching this nonsense to children? None I suppose, if the two wet-weekends we had for leaders are anything to go by.

I just went to close the doors and put the heating on a little when I realised the heating's been on full blast all day! I didn't notice because it had been such a nice day I had all the doors open. Damn!

This boring but harmless day is turning into an annoyance. Bloody Sunday! Where are my Hula Hoops? There's never any plain ones, only Barbecue and flipping Bolognese Sauce flavour. It's always the same here, everythings set up be just not quite what you want. Why should I carry a bottle of vinegar to the seaside? What the bloody blazes is Hector's Chicken?? get KFC already for crying out loud!! And most of all, stop calling that crappy putrid day-glow cat vomit "curry", it's blatantly obvious even to a half senile Englebert Humperdinck fan from Bournemouth - you wouldn't know a curry if it dressed itself up in wire framed spectacles and a loin-cloth, kicked you in the marital aids department and said "Hello, you can call me Mahatma", aaarrrgghhh!

Bagless wonder, my backside!!!!

Well, it's been a funny sort of day in all, I never did get to see the glorious mountains and valleys of the hidden paradise that is nurse Gladys Emmanuel. Still, tomorrow's another day...

laters,

JJ

8 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Hey,

I see you are another loon residing in Brussels. Welcome aboard.

You might want to visit the rest of the guys:

www.spanishgoth.blogspot.com
www.upfront-live.com/tippler
www.daphnewaynebough.blogspot.com

And I see you have met Zoe already.

Happy Blogging.

DQ

X

MKWM said...

JJ, thanks for visiting and welcome aboard, as DQ just said.

You'll get used to Hector's Chicken and the rest.
You will... eventually.

Drama Queen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Drama Queen said...

Oh and Minky I would have mentioned you but I see he has already been to visit - I hope you treated him well?

Soup Waiter said...

thanks everybuddy *optimistic*

dq - loon? What about care in the community, that was my shot at redemption. I still need a photo opportunity, maybe you can be my role model...

name that loon

JJ

MKWM said...

Treated him well, DQ? As well as can be, as well as I would like to be treated. So I will add him at once to my blogroll, just because he is an optimistic Virgo like me.

Happy blogging, JJ. Now you're in big loony trouble, I tell you...

Drama Queen said...

Role model, well, er. . .

Don't worry we've all been new to this strange City, of which you have to be a loon to appreciate. I have now been here for 6 months, go check out my archives (oh, er) and see how far I have come!

It was never Hectors chicken that got me down. More the crazy right hand driving rule. And there was the time when Boyfriend got my car hit by a tram.

Live and learn. Look forward to hearing more.

Drama Queen said...

Minky, we commented at exactly the same time. That IS scary. . .